Czech Television is a public service broadcaster that started operations in Czechoslovakia in 1953.
During COVID-19 pandemic, Czech TV launched a new channel, CT3. The primary goal was to help those those facing greatest risk – Elderly people who were forced to stay at home.
CT3 was prepared in very short notice and Czech TV looked for a reliable backup playout.
Czech TV use Stream Circle CYANGATE, that is deployed in Czech TV data center:
- retrieves playout schedules from broadcast management server PROVYS.
- reads files from on-line storage (Harmonic) into local cache
- uses on-site SDI infrastructure for live ingest
- plays into on-site SDI infrastructure
- produces as-run log
- uses HTML5 templates for on-line graphics
The whole path is completely independent from primary playout system.
Czech TV choose Stream Circle because its flexibility and ability to seamlessly integrate into legacy infrastructure without the need of complicated changes. We setup the system remotely in a few weeks.